What information is collected?
“Customer Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a product or service, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. On inLighten’s website, inLighten and/or its service providers (“Providers”) may collect Customer Information about you from you or about a third party from you and with respect to third party information obtained from you, it is presumed that you have the third party's permission to provide the information. Neither inLighten nor its Providers will be liable for your release of any third party Customer Information without authority. Some of the reasons Customer Information is collected include:
inLighten and/or Providers may collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, participate in a promotion, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, surf the site or participate in another site feature. You may, however, visit the website anonymously.
- More specifically, when you are ordering, you may be asked for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- Like many websites, inLighten and/or Providers use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Are cookies used?" section below for information about cookies and how they are used.
How is your information used?
Customer Information that inLighten actually receives is used in the way specified in this Policy. Some of the ways inLighten and/or Providers may use the information collected from you as described above include:
To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions and deliver the products and/or services that you have ordered.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping, billing, product and service information.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To keep you up to date on our latest announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from our affiliated companies about products and services that can add value to your inLighten products and services.
- To provide support and assistance for our products, including the provision of security patches (if applicable).
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To obtain customer feedback and support.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- For such other purposes as are required or permitted by law.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker who you believe is interested in receiving the information.
- To meet contract obligations.
Accuracy of Customer Information
We need your help in keeping your Customer Information accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your Customer Information.
From time to time inLighten and/or Providers may supplement Customer Information or other information collected on our website with information from other commercially available sources, such as business contact databases. This is to help maintain the accuracy of the information collected and help to provide a better service.
Security of Customer Information
inLighten endeavors to protect any confidential Customer Information it actually collects from you and will endeavor in good faith to take precautions to protect such confidential Customer Information it collects about you from our loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or disclosure or use, or alteration or destruction. However, inLighten will have no liability to you or any third party provided it has endeavored to take such precautions. Furthermore, inLighten does not control the conduct and policies of Providers and is not responsible for their conduct or policies relative to the information they receive. In addition, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, inLighten is not responsible for the security, or lack thereof, of the Customer Information you share. We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Customer Information when you are on the Internet. inLighten’s Providers advise that they endeavor to restrict access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas that are part of its website to authorized users only but inLighten is not responsible for the success or lack thereof, of these endeavors. It is noted that unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Website may be subject to prosecution.
Sharing Customer Information
We may also release your Customer Information and other information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety, including responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and use your Customer Information and other information in this regard as appropriate. inLighten does not control the conduct and policies of those receiving the information as described above and is not responsible for their conduct or policies relative to the information they receive.
While navigating our website you may be directed to content or functionality that is hosted by a third-party. For non-inLighten websites, the website owner’s privacy policies, if any, will apply. Further, inLighten does not control the conduct and policies of said third party(ies) and is not responsible for their conduct or policies relative to the information they receive.
Are "cookies" used?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Some browsers allow you to request that a “Do Not Track” signal be transmitted in order to let websites know if you wish to opt out of third party tracking. This system will not prevent tracking and we recommend that you rely on your browser’s system for managing cookies as described above in lieu of the Do Not Track signal.
Our website may provide links to other third-party websites which are outside our control and not covered by this inLighten Privacy Statement. inLighten does not control the conduct and policies of such third party websites and is not responsible for the conduct or policies relative to such websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those (and all) sites you visit.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.